Tuesday, February 26, 2013

RocketLaunch

Up in the air i witnessed a blazing fire being spewed by a stick like object in an upward trajectory...
One moment i thought i was dreaming. I realized I'm far away from my cubicle or to be sure i'm not even in my office. I'm in the middle of chennai's infamous traffic waiting for my bus to crawl,so i'm not snoozing.... This must be real.....

Looking up i started reminisicing my past, my first rocket launch.I was 8 and my sister 10. In the process of celebrating our first independence to handle crackers along with Diwali without our ever protecting parents.
After getting bored with few kind,the young astronauts picked up the rocket found a base in a mound of sand rather than a glass bottle or tin as we were young innovators even at that age implementing our out-of-box thinking. Self Kudos to us :-)

As every great people would have got some misadventure we weren't an exception. Our rocket rather than just following the path reaching the sky, it grazed the shining head of a baldy uncle and what follwed was an explosion by him to my parents. Needless to say we were grounded forever and till today remain under their watchguards.

Luckily there was no misadventure this time. The PSLV-C 20 successfully launched SARAL in the orbit.
The lesson learned at the end of the day was not to launch rockets when there is a bald uncle in the park :)

3 comments:

  1. As Thomas Edison said, when he didn’t get it right (the incandescent bulb a 1000 times) - "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb" (It seems like Edison would have made a good IT manager. Look the way he has said. He will convince the clients somehow.)

    You both had only discovered what would happen to a baldy when a rocket is launched (as per Einstein's famous e=mc2 and also due to the cosmic energy coupled with Java).

    "Our rocket rather than just following the path reaching the sky, it grazed the shining head of a baldy uncle and what followed was an explosion by him to my parents" - Really awesome line conveying the sequence of events.

    When you started reminiscing, I too started looking up (கால சக்கரத்தில் பின்னோக்கிச்சென்றேன்) - to get access to your flash back.

    What lesson I learnt from your geography (ஏன் ஹிஸ்ட்ரியா தான் இருக்கணுமா) is that, (though you had your techie sister with you during your operation RED) elephant also leg slips sometimes (யானைக்கும் அடி சறுக்கும் . நம்ம இங்கிலிஷ் அவ்ளோ தான்)

    Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks anna for the comment.... feel free to tell the real comment.
    i'm looking for it to hone my writing skill.... thanks to a little birdie who conveyed ur real comments over phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the birdie (Pigeon post) ate most of the paper tied to her leg. In the sense, something you need to know about the reader (me). For me a blog means a short story (For more details contact the bird itself). So am new to reading blogs...But frankly as your sister would have conveyed, the thought process which came at the end was that.

    To be frank, great use of words, vocabulary and some sentence framing where you have merged are awesomely awesome.

    Some sentences on which I was pondering on your imagination are:

    Looking up i started reminiscing my past - Good creativity (That's why I too replied saying I too looked up)

    In the process of 'celebrating our first independence' - This I felt it to be great way of conveying. Diwali itself should have been a celebration, but in that process you had another reason to celebrate (First Independence to handle cracker) - Function within a function.

    grazed the shining head of a baldy uncle - I was imagining the picture with special effects and slow motion how it would have grazed.

    I expected the rocket to explode right on his head, but you had taken the explosion to another level :)

    When you said about PSLV rocket is when the feeling came like reading a newspaper. Because as a reader was lost in your past and haven't got out of that, and felt that the PSLV had a missing link via the story (though you have linked it with the misadventure happening to great people ;) ).

    Other than that whatever I have conveyed as my first comment is also what I felt (நான் சொல்வதெல்லாம் உண்மை. உண்மையை தவிர வேறெதுவும் இல்லை)

    ReplyDelete